1 10007 100 Avenue, Westlock AB T7P 2H5
Westlock Library is looking for a fun-loving, energetic Summer Programmer.
This is a temporary full-time position (35 hours/ week for 15 weeks) with a start date of May 13, 2019 and ends August 23, 2019. It includes a varied schedule including evenings and weekends. Wages are $16.50/ hour.
• Plan, develop, present and evaluate the Summer Reading Cub program for ages 3-18 with the Natural World theme from the TD Summer Reading Club.
• Assist with marketing of the program, which includes Social Media and presentations at schools.
• Create a final report and gather feedback at the end of the summer.
• Provide excellent customer service
• Support other staff members with daily library tasks.
• A passion for literacy, enabling youth to grow through reading, writing and technology.
• Experience in preparing and presenting programs
• Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
• Experience working with children and able to relate to customers of all ages.
• Strong communication and computer skills
• Knowledge of social networking tools
• Clear Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
• The terms of this position are conditional upon 2018 government grant funding requirements. Candidates must be currently enrolled in a full time post secondary program and be returning to studies in the fall of 2018.