Family Services Driver /Supervised Visit Escort # A-385A-DE
Child & Family Services
Casual Employment (must be available for a variety of shifts that include weekdays, evenings and weekends)
Regular rate: $17.61 - $28.25/hr (based on education, experience & duties)
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of local families?
WJS Canada’s mission is “Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services”. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family’s belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
The WJS Drive Program is designed to provide adults, youth and children transportation services aimed at strengthening and supporting families in their communities. We believe individuals have the right to access services and connect with family without the undue stress of transportation issues. WJS services are aimed at enhancing community, family and individual support networks, and creating and maintaining collaborative relationships. Through the provision of safe transportation, the Driver Escort Program intends to prevent, reduce, or eliminate factors, which may place a family or individual at risk. Transporting a child to a supervised access visit with their parents or to a medical appointment are examples of escorted drives.
The Family Services Driver / Supervised Visit Escort is responsible for providing safe, reliable and timely transportation services for individuals and families, within the service area. Reports to the Drive Coordinator and/or Program Supervisor.
In your role you will:
• Accept drive assignments according to directions stated on referrals, on a prearranged and on-call basis.
• Use their own vehicle to transport clients to assigned locations (appointments, supervised visits, etc.)
• Supervise child and family visits; observing and taking log notes on family interaction
• Work in accordance with/gain knowledge of the Child Welfare Act and Child and Family Services Authorities
• Ensure the safety and privacy of clients.
• Prepare accurate & timely reports/records of all drives, supervised visits, vehicle safety inspections, etc. as per WJS Policy as required.
• Report any discrepancies in vehicle operation.
• Represent Family Support Services in a professional manner
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Work within all safety frameworks and policies
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, prepare accordingly
As an ideal candidate you possess:
• Post secondary in human service sector preferred – experience in social service will be considered
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with 5+ years driving experience, appropriate insurance and clean Drivers Abstract
• Reliable vehicle with backseat for transporting children in approved infant/child care seat (supplied)
• Clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate (or willingness to attend training)
• Willing to take employer-provided training in Suicide Intervention/Prevention and cultural sensitivity
Required Skill and Abilities:
• Good computer skills are required for emailing and document preparation, as all files are electronic
• Stamina for long periods of driving