Senior Service Manager
Fort McMurray, AlbertaClosing Date: Mar 08 2018
Our client has been serving northern Alberta as a wireless communications provider for over 30 years, with primary focus on Alberta’s Oil Sands. Along with providing exceptional services and equipment to their customers, our client prides themselves in their ethical and safety practices.
This position is responsible for managing the effective operations of the service departments for their assigned work at the Fort McMurray branch and will grow that service area in terms of revenue and profit. They will accomplish this through project management, leading, delegating, supporting, and overseeing their service group. The individual filling this role must also be accustomed to working with oil sands customers, building strong working relationships. This is a full-time regular salaried position, located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
• Diploma or Certificate in an Engineering Technology program
• Degree in Engineering or Commerce is a desired asset
• 5 + years experience in a supervisory role in telecommunications installation and service
• Two-way radio/trunking systems experience
• Microwave and cellular communications experience
• Remote management experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of the wireless communication industry
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safe work requirements (OH&S)
• Knowledge of hand and power tools, test equipment and design/fabrication techniques
• The following certifications (an asset):
Leadership for Safety Excellence
Prime Contractor training
Valid Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) certificate including generic WHMIS Training
Current Standard First Aid training including Level C CPR (Red Cross, St. Johns Ambulance or Heart and Stroke)
H2S Alive (OSSA accredited)
Aerial Work Platform (OSSA accredited)
Tower Climbing and Rescue certificate considered an asset
Confined Space Entry Training certificate (OSSA accredited)
Fall Protection (OSSA accredited)
ATV Training (OSSA Accredited)
• Strong leadership and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
• Ability to grasp new techniques, and deal with rapidly changing events
• Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
• Participate in policy development for the service department
• Encourage safe work by all employees through adherence and enforcement of the Corporate Health & Safety program
• Develop departmental goals and objectives that are aligned with the corporate goals. Work with the service team and other departments to achieve the goals and objectives.
• Develop improvement plans as required to improve goals and issues that arise
• Ensure technical staff is continually trained through cooperation with the Training Manager and other Service Managers. Ensure training plans are being developed for technical staff using annual assessments and known improvement areas
• Develop regular metrics that are aligned with the goals and objectives of service and the company
• Ensure the highest level of internal and external customer support including timely quotes, quick problem resolution and technical support showing a high sense of urgency
• Develop annual operating budgets for service and participate in the capital budget process
• Be directly involved in major projects to ensure overall success
• Implement improvement actions around actual-quote data from completed jobs
• Participate in company process improvement activities
• Have direct involvement in weekly and monthly safety talks ensuring they happen and to facilitate as required
• Ensure there are regular team meetings to communicate all applicable company information
• Participate in developing new business opportunities including expansion with current or new customers and new technologies
• Ensure regular employee assessments take place following company processes and policies
• Participate in regular training opportunities
• Participate in the development of service strategies
• Provide assistance to service team when needed due to time off or high levels of work
• Ensure customer feedback is being solicited and develop improvement plans from the feedback
• Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in telecommunications, and adjust service offerings to accommodate them
Note: Proof of education and eligibility to work in Canada must be provided if requested.
Salary is commensurate to experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume in CONFIDENCE to email@example.com. Please include telephone and e-mail contact information, along with full work experience and education in your submission.
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest. To ensure that the recruitment process for this position runs as smoothly and as quickly as possible, it is our policy to only contact successful candidates during the application stage.
Date Posted: Feb 06 2018