PROPAK ENERGY SERVICES is a proven established leader in engineering, fabrication, construction, and servicing of gas compression and processing facilities for the energy industry. With 40 years in the energy industry, Propak is an authorized distributor for Ariel, Endyn, Dresser-Rand, Gemini, Sullair and Mycom compressors. It is GE’s Gas Compression Platinum Power Packager and a Caterpillar GCCP member.
We are currently seeking a Compression Service Mechanic to provide service, maintenance, and repair work on gas compressors and engines in gas plants and adjacent field facilities. The successful applicant will help to maintain, develop and grow business and customer relations.
• Apply knowledge of gas compression packages (panels, controls, instrumentation, and package operation) and engine/compressor component life cycles to optimize equipment run times;
• Interpret flow sheets and drawings;
• Demonstrate an understanding of mounting and alignment, commissioning, package operations, mechanical components, instrumentation, and electronics;
• Perform startups, servicing, repairs, overhauls, warranty work, etc… often alone in remote locations;
• Diagnose and trouble shoot engine compressor problems;
• Diagnose problems and provide recommendations to Service Coordinator and clients;
• Verify all proper setting and adjustments (alignment, pull downs, rod run out, ESM, fuel gas pressure and settings, crankcase pressure, flange torqueing, cooler checks, etc);
• Judge priorities on unit repairs in terms of down time, customer importance, potential losses, and efficient working methods;
• Provide a high level of customer service;
• Maintain documentation of mechanical services, labour time entry, expenses, parts orders, etc.
• Complete and submit paper work related to startups, servicing, warranty work, etc;
• Provide direction to apprentice mechanics;
• Order parts as necessary.
• Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
• 5+ years’ experience with Waukesha, Caterpillar, and natural gas driven compression
• Customer service skills
• Excellent administration, communication and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
• Ability to work in remote locations without supervision
• Experience with new package commissioning is an asset
• Strong skills with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Flexibility for 25–50% overnight travel
Propak Energy Services offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.