Child and Family Support Specialist Job in High Prairie, Alberta
High Prairie, ABClosing Date: Feb 25 2018
WJS Canada Job Posting Alert: Child and Family Support Specialist - Job ID J0118-0974
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Child and Family Support Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Flexible work week hours as some evenings and weekends may be required to meet the needs of the families WJS supports.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $27.00 - $31.00 /Hour
Closing Date: 05/02/2018
WJS Canada is currently recruiting a Child and Family Support Specialist who works directly with families, youth and children High Prairie, AB and the surrounding community. Working as the primary caseworker, they will counsel and provide therapeutic interventions under the Collaborative Service Delivery model, by coordinating family care teams to provide support and ensure best outcomes for families. Our program structure is one that our staff will become the compass point for the family and others involved in the case. Working a flexible schedule, the position will require the Family Support Specialist to work regular office hours, as well as evening & weekend hours, up to 40 hr/week. Flexibility is required in order to support families during evenings & weekends when they are gathered together & require the most support.
In Your Role You Will
• Establish trusting relationships with children and families, while assisting them in the development of interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other areas of interest.
• Provide flexible and responsive client centered support to address children, youth, family or caregiver needs through individual program plans while respecting choices, decisions and needs of families.
• Provide individual and group counseling as appropriate.
• A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing ongoing service delivery with stakeholders.
• Collaborate and/or work as a team with community systems (i.e. school), specialized service providers, volunteers and extended family members.
• Conduct family visits in the community and be available for evening/weekend visits and/or on standby as required.
• Attend supervised visits with families that are involved with the Ministry of Human Services.
• Transport individuals or families as required.
• Accommodate and respect cultural, social and religious heritage.
• Follow up on closed case files to ensure family safety and implementation of individual program plans.
• Administrative duties including typing/filing reports, compiling monthly reports, etc.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma in Social Services, Bachelor of Social work or similar education. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• 3 years experience working with families in a human or family services field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic and intervention theories and the stages of child development;
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of diverse communities and to resolve conflict in an effective manner;
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Strong understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Valid CPR/First Aid and WHMIS
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset.
• Training in suicide prevention and cultural sensitivity
How to Apply:
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To apply visit our website at www.wjscanada.com/content/employment/
OR copy & paste this link into your browser https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&j...
Date Posted: Feb 02 2018