Red Deer, AB
The Lead Foreman is required for our project near Red Deer, AB. This position may also be required to travel throughout Alberta and to our out-of-province worksites. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all on-site workers, contractors and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the Lead Foreman, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. Lead Foreman is responsible for the efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, and maintaining records of all materials used and the progress made on a job. While this job is a position of supervision and management, the Lead Foreman will also be required to physically work and complete projects on the sites.
• Oversee and work on the installation of modular structures and site preparation pertaining to the install process;
• Complete all affiliated tasks, such as skirting, decks, steps, railings and basic pre-delivery inspections and touch-ups;
• Ensure high standards of safe work practices while maintaining optimal efficiency;
• Ensure that all processes and administrative procedures are followed consistently, completely and accurately;
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other parties;
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality;
• Ensure and oversee the efficient use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew (Employees and Contractors);
• Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action;
• Assist in the resolution of material defects, equipment problems
• Monitor job progress and costs, order supplies and provide regular progress reporting to Calgary office;
• Manage all administration activities including safety reporting;
• Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting to Office:
• Maintain effective employee relations through compliance with company policies, resolution of employee issues and fair treatment of employees;
• Review and verify paperwork such as daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.;
• Provide coaching and training to all other employees and contractors under his/her direction;
• Ensure compliance with the Home Squad Inc. health and safety training and reporting requirements;
Requirements & Personal Attributes:
• Meticulous and well organized;
• Uncompromising devotion to quality with high attention to detail;
• Safety conscious, knowledge of safe operations;
• Resourceful, problem solving abilities, as candidate will be working with development professionals and dealing with customers;
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities;
• Team player and good communication skills are essential, and must also be able to work independently;
• Willing to travel throughout western Canada
• Proficiency in computer usage, GPS, Timesheet system, expense reporting system;
• Valid driver’s license.
Some work sites are in conjunction with our First Nation Partners.
Successful candidates will need to submit a 5 year driver’s abstract and may be subject to pre-employment testing (fitness to work test and drug and alcohol testing, etc.).
Home Squad Inc. values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their time and interest; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please